Complaints against Councillors
Council have adopted the model Councillor Code of Conduct. Within this document the standards of behaviour expected for Councillors of Carpentaria Shire are set out.
The code also demonstrates Council's commitment to performing all responsibilities under the Act in accordance with the local government principles:
- transparent and effective processes, and decision-making in the public interest; and
- sustainable development and management of assets and infrastructure, and delivery of effective services; and
- democratic representation, social inclusion, and meaningful community engagement; and
- good governance of, and by, local government; and
- ethical and legal behaviour of Councillors.
Complaints about inappropriate conduct, or misconduct may be made pursuant to the Local Government Act 2009.
Under section 181 of the Local Government Act 2009 Council are required to maintain a register for Complaints against Councillors. Please see the below document portal for a copy of the Complaints Against Councillors Register.